Each student needs his or her own set of durable and consumable materials. In subsequent years of implementation, only student consumables need to be refreshed.
- Students use a Dry Erase Tablet for dictation activities. Syllable frames are used to build multisyllabic words with Letter Tiles.
- Students also use a Magnetic Journal with Letter Tiles to practice the manipulation of word parts for spelling activities.
- The Student Notebook is a reference tool for students to use throughout the course.
- A Student Composition Book is used for dictation activities, including sounds, words (review, nonsense, high frequency, and current), phrases and sentences.
- The Student Challenge Book includes student practice for each Unit, including: Progress Check, Practice with Current Concepts, Phrase It – Practice Worksheets, Phrases for Charting, and a Unit Test Dictation Page.
- The Quick Reference Guide provides students with a fast, convenient reference for concepts taught and reinforced, including: Vowel Sounds (with illustrations), R-Controlled Vowels (with illustrations), Vowel Teams (with illustrations), Mark My Words, Syllable Types, and Spelling Options.
- The Wilson Blue and Red Pen is provided for students to graph their progress.
For more information about specific materials, please see our catalog.